Package installation stuck

Hello,

I am trying to install a library (FastAI). The problem is that the installation tasks seem to be stuck. I can see in the “Ongoing Operations” tab that the environment creation/cloning task and the library install task both progress until 22 out of the 32 hosts are “Done”. After that there is no more progress. I have been waiting for about 20 hours now with no further progress.

The same happens whether I try to install with Conda or PIP. I also tried installing the library on GPU hosts only with the same result. I suspect that the the problem must be somehow related to cloning the premade environment.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Carlos

Hello!

I’m currently looking into this issue. Am I correct in assuming that you are using hops.site and the project is named fastaitest?

Hi @Robin_Andersson,

Thanks a lot for looking into it. Yes, you are correct on both (actually it is called fastai_tests, to be precise).

best,
Carlos

hops.site hops.site is running a slightly older Hopsworks version at the moment, which means some newer functionality may not work. Instead you can try Hopsworks on hopsworks.ai which runs the latest version. Would that work for you?

Best,
Robin

Hi,

Yes, I suppose that works. Should I signup at hopsworks.ai or is there a simple way for you to move the current account there? I don’t mind at all loosing my current hops.site projects.

Thanks,
Carlos

Hi Carlos!

You will need to register there manually. Currently we don’t have a way of migrating accounts from hops.site to hopsworks.ai, to my knowledge.

Let us know if you run into any problems! :slightly_smiling_face:

Best,
Robin