HELP: methode get_feature_store() doesn't work

fs = project.get_feature_store()
FeatureStoreException** : Trying to instantiate Python as engine, but ‘python’ extras are missing in HSFS installation. Install with pip install hsfs[python].

Hi @cbissiriou,

Which platform are you using to run the hopsworks python library? Did you get any error when installing the hopsworks library?

I’m using anaconda virtual env (python 3.9.12) on windows 10. I don’t get any error when installing hopsworks library. But I get this error when i run the methode:

DeprecationWarning: the imp module is deprecated in favour of importlib; see the module’s documentation for alternative uses
FeatureStoreException** : Trying to instantiate Python as engine, but ‘python’ extras are missing in HSFS installation. Install with pip install hsfs[python].

Hi @cbissiriou,

You might be missing a necessary environment variable (see Python Engine import error · Issue #1191 · logicalclocks/hopsworks · GitHub).

Try setting the variable with SET CONDA_DLL_SEARCH_MODIFICATION_ENABLE=1 inside the conda environment, before starting the python process.

Best,
Till

Hi, I tried the step but my jupyter kernel went error with

OSError: [WinError 87] The parameter is incorrect

could you please help?

conda env, with python 3.8. No issue installing hopsworks.

Edit: Just changed to new clean environment with python 3.7 and this solved