Error in Jupyter notebook of Deep Learning demo on hopsworks.ai

Hi all,

I’ve recently signed up on the 30-days free Hopsworks demo trial on hopsworks.ai and obtain an error in the Deep Learning demo/tour in the Jupyter notebook “IrisClassification_And_Serving_SKLearn.ipynb”.
When starting the serving of the ML model “IrisFlowerClassifier” using the given command in the cell the serving stops immediately afterwards. When looking at the logs via the Hopsworks UI/Kibana I found this entry which might hint to what might be the root cause:

Can anyone please help me on this?

Thanks and BR,

Sebastian

Hi @sebastian.frank,

The issue has been fixed and is now back ported on this trial instance as well. You will need to delete the project (from the landing page, right click on project name), then create the project again and run the notebook. No need for going through the tour steps again :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Theo

Hi Theo,

thank you very much for this extremely fast fix and reply!

BR,

Sebastian

Hi again Theo,

I’ve now followed your advice but when rerunning the notebook I’m stuck right at the beginning with this error message:

Any idea what might cause this?

Thank you very much and BR,

Sebastian

Hi @sebastian.frank,

Which setting (Spark/Expriment etc.) did you select in Jupyter dashboard in the Hopsworks UI?

Something might be cached, can you try deleting the project again, then wait for 10-20sec and then create it?

Hi Theo,
thanks, it works now!
BR,
Sebastian