Kagent::default Host was not found

I am installing hops works in ubuntu 18.04 in the Azure environment. I am getting the below-mentioned error in kagent::default installation.

15T09:14:30Z" level=error msg="Failed to perform HTTP operation - status: 404 Retrying... {\"type\":\"restApiJsonResponse\",\"errorCode\":100025,\"errorMsg\":\"Host was not found.\",\"usrMsg\":\"hostname: h1.a.com\"}"
e[0m      time="2021-12-

Please find below my /etc/hosts file

127.0.0.1 localhost
10.0.0.4 h1.a.com
# The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts
::1 ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

I think your issue was quite similar to my previous one Hopsworks-installer.sh kagent:defaut register host error

Can you double check which IP kagent host runs? then you can just change the localhost pointing to that IP.

and restart hostnamed

sudo systemctl restart systemd-hostnamed

@Yingding
Please find below my /etc/hosts/
127.0.0.1 localhost 127.0.0.6
127.0.0.6 h1.a.com

I am still facing the issue

I also observed that nothing was running in 443 port where they are running the web server

Please find below my /etc/hosts/
127.0.0.6 h1.a.com

I am still facing the issue

Some more details about your installation might help, are you using the hopsworks-installer.sh from branch 2.4? or the hopsworks-cloud-installer.sh. I used hopsworks-installer.sh on my on-prem instance.

Here are a couple of the things you shall double check before you start your installation.

• Are egress port 443 and 80 open on your system?
  • Is your sudo user set with NOPASS in /etc/sudoers with %sudo ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD:ALL ?

Here are infos to debug your installation errors:

• Did you got an output from the hopsworks-installer.sh such as The Karamel installer UI will soon start at private IP: http://Your_IP:9090/index.html
  • Can you connect to this uri http://Your_IP:9090/index.html during the installation?
  • While you are connected to the http://Your_IP:9090/index.html, please select
menu -> Terminal -> List Clusters

to examine error during the DAG installations, and restart the install tasks

Should you be able to see detailed error, would be great if you can post it in this thread.

I also observed that nothing was running in 443 port where they are running the web server

The port 443 is the glassfish java web server, where the hopsworks feature store runs.
With

sudo systemctl status glassfish-domain1

You can see if there is any glassfish systemd service active.

Wish you further success in your installation.

127.0.0.6 h1.a.com

sorry, as i mentioned change your local host point to DNS IP is missleading, what i mean is

127.0.0.1 localhost
<your host ip or your dns name> <your host name>

Is your host name h1.a.com or h1?
Normally, the host name shall be pointed to 127.0.0.1 for standard ubuntu installation, but the kagent service listens to the host ip. Your issue might be also that the kagent service is not running, thus you shall login to karamel during the installaton and get more details regarding your issue.